Sue Barry’s Psychology Today Blog about Brains, Vision, and Brain Plasticity (Neuroplasticity)
To find an optometrist conversant in Optometric Vision Therapy go to:
|College of Optometrists in Vision Development|
|Optometric Extension Program Foundation|
|Optometrists Network – Find a Doctor|
NOTE: in all of the above directories, an optometrist with FCOVD after his or her name is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development. To become a Fellow, the optometrist has passed a rigorous board certification exam in binocular vision and optometric vision therapy.
Network of interlinked sites that provide great information about children’s vision, stereovision, binocular vision and optometric vision therapy:
- Born with crossed eyes that turned inward…this visual condition prevented Sue Barry from seeing in 3D stereovision…what is esotropia?
- Stereovision…How to See in 3D…What are the Advantages of Seeing in 3D…
- Vision Therapy Recommendations and Reviews: 100s of Patients and Parents Tell about Overcoming Problems with Lazy Eye, Crossed Eyes, Double Vision, No Depth Perception, Sports, School, Reading, and more…
- Common Undetected Near Vision Condition in Children – Causes Blurry Vision, Eyestrain, Headaches, Motion Sickness and/or Double Vision?
- Why Are Some People Unable to See the Avatar Movie in 3D with the Glasses?
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia) Successfully Treated in Older Children and Adults with Vision Therapy
- Brain Injury, Double Vision and Visual Rehabilitation
Great information about optometric vision therapy and vision and learning:
- About Children’s Vision and Learning Disabilities
- Dr. Maino’s Blog: Personal Opinions, Optometry News, Vision Research, etc.
- Review of Research: Vision Therapy, Reading, Learning, Behavioral Disorders, etc.
- The Vision Help Blog: Information on and discussion of visual disorders and optometric vision therapy.
Books about vision and optometric vision therapy:
- Optometric Vision Therapy Books for Consumers and Professionals
- Books about Children’s Vision, Learning Disabilities, Vision Therapy, etc. for General Public, Parents, Teachers…
Children’s Vision Public Health Initiative – Lazy Eye, Amblyopia, Strabismus:
InfantSEE®, a public health program, managed by Optometry’s CharityTM is designed to ensure that eye and vision care becomes an integral part of infant wellness care (“well baby care”). Under this program, participating AOA optometrists provide comprehensive eye and vision assessments for infants within the first year of life regardless of a family’s income or insurance coverage.
By Parents for Parents: Children with Vision Disorders:
- Vision First Foundation: Parent Advocacy Group for Children with Vision Disorders
- Little Four Eyes: A community for family and friends of babies, toddlers, and young children in eyeglasses and/or eyepatches
- Amblyopia Kids and Eye Patching
By Patients for Patients – Adults, Teenagers, and Children with Vision Problems:
- 100s of Stories of Overcoming Eye Problems with Vision Therapy
- sovoto.com: a forum for patients and optometrists including a discussion group for adults with strabismus
Some Great 3D Stereovision sites:
- How to See 3D Movies and Stereoviews…Why Some People Can’t See in 3D
- National Stereoscopic Association – Stereophotography and stereoviewing enthusiasts and experts
- Almont Green, Stereophotographer – Produces 3D photos which can be seen without the use of 3D glasses.
- Stereo World, a great magazine about stereovision